Age of Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A roleplay based on animes such as Sword Art Online and Log Horizon. Find yourself immersed in a game that has now become reality.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Chat!
Introduce yourself EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:35 am by Toonami

» Mirage Hearts AU
Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:57 pm by Kaeru

» Suggestions
Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:49 pm by Kaeru

» Introduce yourself
Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 pm by Toonami

» Questions
Introduce yourself EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:58 pm by Generith

» Advertise your RP
Introduce yourself EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm by Generith

» The New Update
Introduce yourself EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:54 pm by Generith

» The Settlers
Introduce yourself EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:53 pm by Generith

» Layout
Introduce yourself EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:52 pm by Generith

Twilight Chat

Introduce yourself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Generith
Admin
Generith

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 pm

Use any layout you want.
Back to top Go down
https://age-of-twilight.rpg-board.net
Kaeru

Kaeru

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 2:33 am

Yo! I'm Kaeru, the mysterious first member.. Er.. Second?

Doesn't matter Wink

Lol, anyways, I've been rping for over two years, barely, but still. I've mostly done a kingdom hearts setting in the past, and I'm still on a site called Mirage Hearts. It uses an awesome Skill Tree system that allows easy customizations of a character as they level up, though leveling is fairly tough to do. I am the ONLY one to acquire the prestige Dark Replica race. But I haven't gotten end-game there yet. Anyways, I liked the concept of a gameish roleplay and saw this site while browsing forumotion directories. I saw two members, but I noticed they just started like a couple days ago. Which peaked my curiosity. And now... Here I am!~

_________
Hi guys, hopefully I'll be a long time member and we'll be close friends. I'm not really experienced in site developing, but PM me if I can help. I figure if you need it, ask for it! I'll be lurking for a couple days. Maybe forever, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Generith
Admin
Generith

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 am

Hey there! You are our first legit member <3

I'd love any contributions (struggling with creating a suitable ability & class system; I'm allowing people to be level 90 [the once-max level; the update made level 100 the new max-level] since, as well as the levelling and gaming aspect, there's going to be quite a lot of plot - people stuck in a game, learning how to survive and wanting to figure out what's going on. More things will go down as well).

We're still working on a few threads (the basic ones are there) and the design of the forum.

I guess I'll introduce myself now:

Call me Gen.

This will be my first forum RP (both creating and roleplaying). Prior to this, I used to RP on IMVU groups, where people would create an RP and lay it out like a forum. Unfortunately, there were many flaws with this and I realised I wanted to be a part of a more mature and experienced community.
I started RPing when I was rather young, on a game where I met a few people (not in contact with them anymore). Yeah, I was once that person who used to roleplay with stars and dashes. Eventually, I came to IMVU (over 3 years ago), where I began to do client roleplay. Unlike forum, it's like a chat website where you, and a group of other people, roleplay pretty much then and there. You can argue there's some time pressure to get a post out quickly, but if you surround yourself with the right sorts of people, it's perfectly fine. IMVU client RP is where I drastically improved. I stopped using asterisks and dashes, my posts became longer (which was helped by how fast I can type). I even met friends that I still chill with today. But yeah, we all got busy as I mainly did closed RP: you and your friends, RPing, not allowing anyone else to enter, in contrast to Open RP, where it's just a public room and anyone can enter. Though, there was no plot or story line and you could meet some trollers or people who didn't understand the basics of RP (no metagaming, no godmoding).
Since me and my friends got busy, I slowly began to move to forum RP (it started from that one invite and then more and more began to come through). I made a few of my own RPs (The Dimension of Aitra; The City of Blood; Age of Twilight; Dimension of Aitra: Reborn), but they are all suited for a proper forum, because of the detail I put into them.
After a few events that happened on IMVU groups, they acted like a push towards forum RP. I'm still going to participate in IMVU roleplays, but I won't be making any of my own on there.
So yeah, this is how I got here.
Back to top Go down
Toonami

Toonami

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://hunterxhunter.forummotions.com/
Kaeru

Kaeru

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Gen, and nice I had a friend who played on IMVU; but unlike him and/or you. I did begin on forums... And man was it a hard road to take. I was surrounded by advanced roleplayers from the get go! I had to scratch and tear my ways too the top and still do I have room to improve? Plenty lol.
I could link you posts that showed how intolerably bad I was in my beginning stages, but that's embarrassing. Thankfully I was a quick learner and hated being at the bottom. I made a very fast improvement on grammar, spelling, resourcefulness, and attitude. Nowadays I just do my best with communication, and consistency.

Hi Toon!

About your leveling system, are you sure you want to make it so high? You could probably pull off Max level 50, and have every 20 (+2 for every level after lvl.1) posts of roleplaying to level someone up. Or something like that. That way they'd have to make a legitimate topic and actually pull off doing stuff. It also beats word count, since some people prefer to make smaller posts to get things done faster.

Also, every 75 posts or accomplishing a great task, a person would rank up.

(ie. Defeating a boss that was wrecking the town.)

----

Hmm ability and class system? Why not create three, to maybe four classes and give them two class specific traits. Then make a mana system, ( 50 to start off with +20 per level up) a mage could have 70 mana to start with since they're more adept at it. For ability I would say make a template and let people do their own, include cooldowns on some things, as well as durations. The staff would have to approve all abilities to make sure they aren't breaking the rules or something. This also lets people have their own customizations. Which is a lot of fun!

To use a spell, obviously it'll cost mana points.
(Example 200MP - 75MP = 125MP left.) However they could be limited to only this reserve. Meaning, they'd have to use it wisely. I suppose a castor/magic class could regenerate mana or possibly use spells for cheaper? I'm not sure, but I've seen systems like this work in the past and it's always cool to play strategically.

Just shooting you some ideas, in case you were having some trouble.
Back to top Go down
Generith
Admin
Generith

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:50 pm

From the start I never wanted to go too deep into the class system (I was content with letting people make up their own classes, instead of having to choose from a list; in the game, people choose three classes; by level 10, those three classes combine to make one final class. They can pick skills from any of these 3 skill trees. This allows for diversity). I'm not that bothered with people levelling up and stuff, or if they choose to start from the top (I'd make it so only one of their characters can be over level 80). I'd rather just focus on things like the plot, character development, story telling element. With an RP like this, a lot can happen: politics from the Settlers and Adventurers, monsters becoming intelligent, BAMS becoming more dangerous, the evil dudes successfully completing their goal(s) because the Adventurers are no longer questing. Then there's that whole element of trying to survive and make a living in the game (jobs, food, manufacturing, etc). That's not even going into faction wars, pvp, fights for cities and zones.

Regarding HP and MP, I also never wanted to go too much into detail with them. As long as people acknowledged their MP decreasing when they used their abilities and if their character(s) took damage, I was content with that (when the RP was on IMVU). Basically, I never had these systems in place since I didn't want to focus on them too much. You'll come to realise that I'm more about the actual story. Because of this, I'm not too sure how deep I should go into regarding the technical systems of the game to reality conversion.
Back to top Go down
GothicNightmare

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Hey.

I'm Vi, and one of Gen's close friends.

To jump straight to it, I started roleplaying with so friends years ago on IMVU. It really took an interest with me right away and I did it more and more with client roleplays, learning the ropes. It didn't take long to get the hang of it and as I progressed I learned more about writing and roleplaying, like how many rules there were. It helps that I love to write and express myself, which as always been true ever since I was a little girl.
A while later, when I had been on IMVU for longer, I met both of my best friends I have now (including Gen) and started roleplaying with them and our other friends. After that my skills started to improve and I learned even more, even helping create some of the roleplays by Gen (like this one). We started out with client, and eventually moved to forums of IMVU, now I'm here after almost 4 years!

That was my basic roleplaying background and I'm glad to meet you all!
Back to top Go down
Toonami

Toonami

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:59 pm

-Wishes I was a good role-player like them-
Back to top Go down
http://hunterxhunter.forummotions.com/
Sponsored content

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Age of Twilight :: OOC :: OOC-
Jump to: